Title: 3 @ a Time
Author: Diptendu Sekhar Chakraborty
Price: INR 140.00
Publisher: Omji Publishing House Pvt. Ltd.
Falling in love is one of the most exquisite feelings that one can experience in their lifespan. But what if while searching for your true soul mate, you end up having that ‘exquisite feeling’ for three people at the same time?
3 @ a time is the story of Deepankar and his tryst with trust, love, relationship, betrayal and humiliation with 3 girls at the same time along with maintaining his reputation as the wonder boy of his college.
Deepankar- strong, laborious; with a never-say-die attitude while searching for true love ends up in relation with three girls from his college.
Notorious yet dedicated for his deeds at college, Deepankar seeks love from his dream girl who turns out to be homosexual!
And then destiny plays its game.
And the reason- GIRLFRIENDS
But one should never back down and nor did Deepankar; Pooja stood by him in full support.
And in the end it does matter.
Will the search for his soul mate be completed after his rendezvous with all the three girls?
Will Deepankar restore his faith in others or will life throw curve balls at him?
Will he be able to maintain his reputation or will be hailed as a wonder?
‘3 @ a Time’ is quite a read. Full of fun and frolic, this story is about today’s youth; about their struggle to find the purpose of life and about friendship. A lot of elements have been woven together in a single packaging. I’m sure several readers will be able to connect with the story at different levels. Through Deepankar’s story the author has tried to tell us not to be complacent with our achievements and neither be discouraged on account of our losses.
Although the story has a lot to say, I’ve found it sluggish at times. There are too many references that fail to serve a proper purpose. The most striking element of the book is its climax. It was something not expected and has certainly helped the book to remain afloat in a sea of books.
A poorly edited book with absolutely zero proofreading. The errors are so glaring that it distracts the reader almost in every line. Even typesetting is faulty. Brings down the book’s worth all at once.
A cover to cover read. There’s nothing extraordinary or new but it is certainly readable. Even with all its flaws it is a pretty good story.
About the author
Diptendu Sekhar Chakraborty is a published fiction author with his debut literary achievement titled “3 @ a time”. His debut novel “3 @ a time” published by Omji Publications was released on 28th February 2015. It is gathering astounding and remarkable positive reviews and rated 3.5/5 by most of the reviewers. OTTT also ranked 3rd among top 50 bestsellers on Salisonline.
It is also ranked 62nd at Amazom.in bestsellers in Indian Fiction and 84th in contemporary fiction.
Diptendu always believed in the fact that love can happen more than once in everyone’s life. However, people are too reluctant to accept such facts in reality which prompted him to bring out a story where the protagonist falls in love with 3 girls at the same time.
He has worked as an editor for his college magazine titled Vyaktitvam during his post-graduation. He loves to read fantasy, Romantic thrillers and sensual stories. Unexplored destinations excite him and he love exploring new places. He usually travels to lonely places to write and search for stories and motivations.
Next in line is a book comprising of story based romantic poems titled ‘Lonely Shadows,’ a romantic, dreamy, passionate and inspirational set of poems with fragments of tragedy and slices of betrayal perfect for everyone who has ever fallen in love.
He composes short stories too, though he is not seriously chasing that dream as of now.
Contact the author
Quotes from “3 @ a Time”
1. Finally she arrived and 99% of the boys turned their heads towards the stage,two minutes of her speech were the best time I ever loved someone on stage. I felt the urge to run to the stage and express my love for her. - Page 16 "3 @ a time"
2. I wondered girls were the best multitaskers and that is the prime reason for companies to hire them at managerial position. - page 22 "3 @ a time".
3. Her sweet innocent face and lush green eyes were influential enough to capture the imagination of everyone even if he was a hermit. - Page 47 "3 @ a time".
4. I realized if a girl loves a boy it's impossible for the boy to ignore her for a long time while the table turn in the exact opposite direction when a boy is in love with the girl. - Page 65 " 3 @ a time"
5. The communal violence which aggravates people is the result of dirty politics and not because of hatred between religions. - Page 69 " 3 @ a time"
6. I could see the pain in her eyes while she was confessing. That moment I felt like hugging her and saying this is the best moment of my life. - Page 79 " 3 @ a time".
7. I sometimes wonder how students of the same age think alike. - Page 106 " 3 @ a time".